Sunday, February 3, 2013

From Across the Room, a blog series about my brush with interesting people

Just for the fun of it I will be writing a blog series about my brush with people of interest. I am going to call it "From Across the Room." I was thinking the other day how we value deep stuff so much. Well, I was also thinking how much I talk about the little things and how light-hearted things like spotting interesting people often rise to the top of our conversation. As I was thinking about this, many names came to mind. These people often enter my conversations and make me and others smile, think, imagine, and dream. I've brushed spaces with quite a few interesting people. In this series you will hear about my special tiny moments with Barack Obama, Denzel Washington, Jessie Jackson, the Jackson 5, Bill Clinton, James Meredith, Arsenio Hall, Stephanie Mills, Thelma Hopkins, Walter Hawkins, the Spinners, Fred Hammond and Commissioned, John Louis,Tom Skinner, and yes, Byron De La Beckwith, the man who killed Medgar Evers. What an interesting list. I'll tell you all about it in short, easy to read essays.

2 comments:

  1. Excited about reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, Candace. Join my blog so you can receive them directly. See you at choir..:)

      Delete